Going on/coming up:
- Kunstvereniging Diepenheim, Joint Venture, NL
- Brugge Triennale, Brugge BE
- Bellamy Kabinet, Viva La Vuilnis
- Chloro-core at Super Bien, Berlin
- The Reading by Osmosis book is out!
Order it here (or write me an email)
- Welikeart sells prints from the Reading by Osmosis book.
- Essay about my working period in Chemnitz for Metropolis M
- Harald Schole Interviewed me for KM Magazine (Dutch)
- Music video for the song The Random Factory by Eilander
“Bekirovic’s work is best described as playful conceptualism. Like reality, it’s a universe of temporary constellations wherein objects, people, animals and/or chemical reactions trigger one another into acting out their parts in a play directed by coincidence. Bekirovic creates a field of tension between the parameters she defines and her subject’s personal agenda. She eschews a hands-on, interfering approach, allowing her subject to co-author the work.”
Semâ Bekirović studied at the Rietveld Academie and the Rijksakademie in Amsterdam. Her work has been exhibited at De Appel (Amsterdam), Stedelijk Museum (Amsterdam), Hayward Gallery Project Space (London), Dutch Culture Institute (Shanghai) and on Times Square (NYC).
Reading by Osmosis, Nature Interprets Us:
Art of Encounter, at ICI Berlin. With Michael Marder and Dan Liu.
The book Reading by Osmosis can be ordered at:
Things that blow my mind for various reasons. A selection of research images for Mister Motley Salon
Article by Saskia Isabella, Maria Korsten, Partaker Agency: Entanglement of agencies in artworks by Bekirovic and Abramović.
Why did you come to Japan? Me being interviewed for Japanese television on Narita airport, 2020
Kunst is Lang Radio (in Dutch):
A Selection of Articles
Many people and organizations have contributed to my work over the years, I would like to thank :
Jan Peter Schultz
Roos van As
Ton de Vreede
Jan van Agteren
Kerem Ozan Bayraktar
Inez en Wessel Bezemer
Dijnselburg Zwembad in Zeist
Marcel Horck/ BEEZZZZ
Gemeente Amsterdam Zuid
and many others